Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My latest CT scan last Saturday showed absolutely no sign of cancer.

I have been struggling with angio-sarcoma (cancer of the blood vessels) for nearly four years, during which time I have spent over two years flat on my back in Duke Hospital, had 36 surgeries (six of them major) culminating in the removal of my left leg (a hemipelvectormy), received over 100 blood transfusions, had chemotherapy for six months (one of the chemo drugs causing heart problems necessitating minor heart surgery - a pericardial window), experienced weeks of temporary insanity caused by drug overdoses, and had more near-death experiences than I can recall.

Before starting NDP with Raewyn Cooper, I was also receiving weekly acupuncture, chi kung, Thai massage, and any number of other types of energy medicine. I was on a vegetarian diet, meditated daily, and took medicinal doses of several supplements. I had managed to stay alive six months longer than the maximum time given me by my oncologist, but as of last April, still had metastatic stage four cancer in my right lung. Since then, the only thing I've added to my regimen is NDP.

My latest CT scan last Saturday showed absolutely no sign of cancer. My doctor was totally puzzled. This wasn't supposed to happen. But to me it was perfectly obvious that NDP had played the pivotal role in getting rid of my cancer, at least for the time being. I personally think it's gone for the rest of my long and natural life, as long as I stay on a healthy diet, keep a positive mental attitude, and get regular treatments by Rae. I can't thank her (and Kathy and the entire NDP community) enough. I feel like I've been given a new lease on life, and I intend to make the most positive use of it that I possibly can.

With great love,

Bob Russell

No comments: